Thursday, November 5, 2009

Guttering and fascia is on!


Yay!!! It's looking like a house more and more!

Not happy about the scratches on a few sections of the guttering.... Click on the photo to enlarge it and you'll be able to see what I mean. Before anybody accuses me of being fussy, ask yourself- would you buy a Ferrari for a quarter of a million dollars and say, 'yep, I'll take it with that scratch on the door, that's fine.' As if! It's just careless workmanship. Particularly unhappy as I spoke to the guttering man on Sunday and he was raving on about how high the standards are with henley and specifically mentioned that they don't tolerate any scratches Colorbond. So why put this crap on our house then ay? Pretty sure Henley will have no probs having the guys do it again.

Got the frame under the alfresco. It will be a bricked column

And the one in the corner.

And the most exciting thing- our back fence!!!!!!!!! He has done such a marvellous sturdy job. It's all really well reinforced with these steel bracket thingys.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris & Felicity,

    My gf and myself intend to build the same next year and we are close to signing the contract with Henley. Can you give me any tips/things to watch out for since its our 1st build. I see from your plans you changed a few things, so I hope you dont mind me asking some questions. Firstly we are considering Mink or the Lucca, your view?

    Chris, I looked closely at your photo and I think I may know you. Im from Essendon - Anglers Tavern 5yrs ago or more?

    Cheers
    Kev
    Email: tmlks@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete