Monday, March 29, 2010

Check measure Thursday, furniture galore

Booked in our final check measure for the plantation shutters in the ensuite. They told us to wait until all the plaster and architraves were done because even a couple of millimetres adjustment can throw them out. The Spotlight person is booked to come out 9am Thursday. have emailed our admin to ask if we can get access to the house. Really hoping we're not locked out on the day or I'll be cranky!

On the furniture front, thought I'd go and pay the final deposit on our couch tomorrow and pick out the cushions they have offered to make us for free. Not sure about colours, I suppose we'll see what they've got. Also went to an upholsterer this morning to ask how much it would be to recover the seats of our dining setting in a grey fabric (royal blue will not suit the new house!) $65 per chair. With 8 chairs to do I lifted my jaw back off the floor and ordered the fabric so we can do it ourselves. Will make sure I post some befores and afters!

9 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the plantations in!! Do you have any idea how much longer you have to go? Do they give you any sort of date or just 'see how we go'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the shutters look ok. No idea how much longer, they totally keep you in the dark the whole time! No painters at our place still. It's been a week and a half with no action! Starting to get overwhelmed about how many things need to be redone before handover. There's gonna be red dots everywhere! Lots of little things need fixing. I know that's normal, but makes me feel like handover may not be til 2015...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the bright side- you would have paid off the house before moving into it!

    I had to laugh at our place - there was a small hole put in the garage wall that we discovered, with a big circle drawn around it and the word, 'Sorry' with a smiley face!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And don't worry - things will happen very quickly and your head will be spinning. You'll be living there before you know it. Hope you've started packing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shutters will look fantastic - I love the look of them. Building really does test your patience doesn't it! As long as they fix all those little things up for you then that's ok. Fingers crossed for handover in 2010 lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pip & K that is so funny! At least there was that element of remorse! I just got some fruit boxes yesterday and have started putting things in them. This will be the last lot of hols before the move (hopefully!) so I'll try to get a bit done :-)

    Still haven't heard back from our admin about getting into the house for the check measure. Might have to take my 'master key'... (screwdriver) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheeky - never thought of the screwdriver! I was tempted to keep a window on lower floor unlocked and open enough for us to get it open but felt too guilty. Are you getting them to put your lights in? Kirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not as cheeky as my brother. He pops the door pins out of the internal access door in his garage and just takes the whole door off! Henley are putting batten lights in for us; stock standard. My cheeky brother is a sparky so he'll do downlights and anything else for us. He's promised me the kitchen will be lit up like Vegas, just how I like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful - all the people in my family work either in offices or schools so they're not able to help with anything practical! Good on your brother!

    ReplyDelete